Art in the Garden, Community Art Center Prepares for Launch
Art in the Garden News Release • April 12, 2017 • K. Gauldin
(Eden, NC) – Art in the Garden, new community art center for the greater Eden area, is ready to serve the community. The group is a non-profit 501-c-3 organization with a mission to promote artists, art projects and the creative economy. The organization is asking for community support to open in mid-summer 2017.
In 2016 several local artists: Bret H. Hart, Debbie Moore and Kathryn Gauldin volunteered at Leaksville-Spray Elementary School to create a tapestry. They collaborated with selected students in an afterschool Tapestry Club to design, weave and embellish a woven image of playful dolphins, the mascot of Leaksville-Spray Elementary. The completed installed tapestry can be viewed in the entrance to the school.
As the weaving project progressed, many parents, teachers and community members shared their thoughts on what a wonderful contribution an art center for the greater Eden area would be for youth workshops and camps, for more school projects and as a center for entertainment that would contribute to the downtown Eden merchants. This is where the Art in the Garden project was born.
Over the past year, the Board of Directors for Art in the Garden have explored ideas, locations and ways to bring the Garden to fruition. The time has arrived to include the support of the larger community. The greater Eden community will gain a location exclusively for arts related events that:
- support local businesses
- offer workshops for adults and youth
- utilize grant funds to work with underserved populations
- work with local schools
- want a venue for music, poetry and exhibition
- need a community gathering space for special events
- and more!
Art in Garden is a community art center and Rockingham County NC residents and neighbors are invited to follow the project in several ways:
- On the Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/artinthegardenofeden/ )
- Through the Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1033311406690931/ )
- Through monthly emails (https://www.facebook.com/artinthegardenofeden/app/100265896690345/ )
- Supporting the Generosity fundraiser online now (https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/art-in-the-garden-s-non-profit-fundraiser-title–2/x/16459534 )
- Donating through the link on our page (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=NQ4UPESSXLSNQ )
Artists interested in participating in exhibits, workshops and collaborations should email and fill out the contact form on our Facebook page.
Art in the Garden community art center is projected to be operational by mid-summer, with the help of our community. Contact us through Facebook and email.
Art in the Garden, PO Box 4912, Eden, NC 27288
Short URL: http://www.rceno.com/RCENO/?p=39310